Wednesday, May 29, 2013

We're Going Streaking: Day Two

Good day, readers!  Sister M reporting this morning. I am happy to announce that we successfully completed Day 2 of "The Streak"!  I can confidently say that I believe Sister V and I are going to dominate this challenge!! It might get tough a couple weeks in, but we are two of the toughest, goal-oriented chicks I know!! We hope that you have joined in on the streaking fun too! 

Here is Day #2:

M:  My run was inside.  Yuck.  I am an outdoor runner 100% and totally jealous that V's run was in fresh air!  Sometimes having kids (one being under 4), being in a time crunch and wanting to work out other body parts will lead you to the gym.  Thankfully I live less than a mile from the YMCA!
(I am not throwing up peace signs at you, readers! I am signaling that it's Day 2 of THE STREAK)
 I am not a fan of the treadmill (a.k.a. dreadmill) AT ALL.  It makes me feel like a hamster.  I brought my iPod though, the Entertainment Channel was on the gym TV and there was some serious people watching to be done, so I was okay for three miles.  No one said you had to streak outside! Anything counts!


(not the most amazing run I have had, but it felt good to sweat... back outside today though, girls and boys) 
I had roughly 50 minutes to complete my workout yesterday. After I ran for 25, I forged on and did some serious ab work and also got a little arm work in as well!  SEE... Even when pressed for time, you CAN get some sort of workout it! No excuses!  I felt great afterward!!  


  (post workout and my awful attempt at winking... i seriously need to work on this)
I must admit though, that my favorite part of Day 2 did not involve running.  It involved getting dolled up with Sister V and headed out for a couple drinks and catching up!  Love that pretty lady!!
  (we aren't always covered in sweat and donned in running clothes.  we actually clean up well!)




  V: Aww, right back atcha, Sister M! xoxo


Clockwise from top left: a horse (it's not a cow); me (outstanding in someone's field), country road (what hill work?), me (and my shadow), RWRunStreak.
 
V: I'm completely lucky because my Day 2 coincided with my stepdaughter's horseback riding lesson day. We drove south of Bowling Green to her horse barn (just a couple of wrong turns, but we made it) and while she tacked up, I took off. 


Even though the Dropkick Murphys were blasting in my earbuds, I seem to have also been
channeling John Denver on these country roads.

I got to run actual country miles! Six of them, to be more precise, and it was just beautiful out there in northwest Ohio. I even saw two foxes running along the road and into a field (it may have been the same fox twice; I didn't really get close enough to ask). 

This run was also special because it marked the day that the Run4Good community reached 10,000 miles for the month of May, triggering the $10,000 donation to the Kenton County School District's effort to fight childhood obesity. Great job Run4Good!




And yes, while I loooooved my Day 2 run, it was great to catch up on things with M on our girls' night out! You know you're a runner when you get together for a run and talk about everything BUT running, and when you get together for a night out, you talk about NOTHING BUT running. Good times. 


Good luck with your streaking, if you're into it!! 

SOLE SISTER SHOUTOUT to V's friend Debbie in Delaware, Ohio, for streaking alongside us! Way to be, Debbie. Good luck and enjoy your streak!

-- The Sole Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment