Thursday, May 16, 2013

Picture This -- Thursday's Run with the Sole Sisters

Sole Sister V here -- how's your day? Mine started early by my standards, so I could meet up with Sole Sister M and we could hit the road together. I am a night owl -- I've been working nights for going on 13 years now, so sunrises and I don't always see eye to eye. But, I didn't want to miss a chance to run with my sista -- especially because this would be the last time we'd see each other before she leaves to run the Cleveland marathon (!!) --  so an early morning run was on tap.

So, this is what an early morning run looks like, from my perspective:


What the ...

Seriously: How do daysiders do this? 

Yaaaawn -- time to go run? 

But, there still needs to be adequate fuel for the day's activities ... 

Man can't live on peanut butter bagel thins with bananas alone, but I promise you I can come darn close.


OK: Garmin (check; already fully charged -- bonus), sunglasses (check), iPhone (check), chewing gum (check), kids are awake and getting ready for school (check), alarm clock is set for dear husband to make sure the kids get out the door (check),  car keys ... car keys ... CAR KEYS?? (oh, there they are. Check). Let's go. 

Yeah! Out the door!

And at Sole Sister M's! 

Really, it was a beautiful day to run in Northwest Ohio. So much better to be up early in the cooler air, rather than sweating it out alongside aromatic roadkill later in the day.

M kicks it into high gear. 

And five fast-ish paced miles later, we are no worse for the wear (better, in fact). 

Sole Sisters M & V, all smiles ... all right, morning person: Where is my coffee? 


This just bears out that for most of us ... 



And then after some much needed coffee and laughs (and a fish funeral -- sorry, Lucy), it was time for me to drive home, and say good-bye and thank you to some cherished friends. 

Thank you, Saucony Virratas. You've done your duty well and will be missed (but my knees are rejoicing). 

And then, I went to sleep. Because I work at night. And I was tired, despite the coffee. But running with my friend in the morning is so worth it! 

Be kind to each other. Be kind to yourself. -- V. Thursday's stats:
Distance:  5.06 mi
Time: 39:44
Avg Pace:  7:51 min/mi
Calories:     473 C

No comments:

Post a Comment