Friday, May 17, 2013

On The Road - M's Final Run Before Cleveland

Hey all!  Hope your day was as fantastic as mine!  I knew waking up this morning that today was going to be busy and I had to get my run in first thing or it wasn't happening. I set the alarm for 6 a.m. and ended up climbing out of bed at 5:45 a.m. instead... I was pretty happy about this.  No alarm buzzing to wake the husband up (that is NEVER good).

I headed downstairs, threw on a pot of coffee and got dressed in my running gear.  On my to-do list this morning was grabbing a few things at the grocery store, so I decided to knock that out and have the lovely fluorescent lighting at my local Meijer wake me up a bit.  I grabbed a cup of joe and headed out the door...  Ten bottles of Gatorade, rice, granola bars and two bags of pistachios later, I was home and ready to run.

I knew this was my final run before the Cleveland Marathon on Sunday, so I was pretty excited to be out there in the cool air and sunshine on this fine May morning.  It was a quick four miler and before I knew it, I was home again.  Now all that is left to do is head to the expo, explore Cleveland a bit and anxiously await the start of the race on Sunday!

I have a good feeling about this race!!  Either way, I am going to have fun!! Hey, I will be running... What's NOT fun about that!?


Overall, a great run!  Sun was shining, no music, light traffic, felt good and the air was crisp!  Pretty fly for a white guy... er, girl.


The aftermath (above).  After my final four mile run before the big race, I felt invincibleThese are my favorite runs.  Awesome pace, the time flew by and I seriously felt like I could keep going!  I just hope I feel the same way in Cleveland!!

Wish me the best my fellow running friends!!! Can't wait to report and let you know how it goes!

-M
"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment