Wednesday, June 12, 2013

We're Going Streaking on Our Sweet Sixteen!

Day 16 -- NOT 17!!
 Hi all! V kicking off your streak report today. Well, it's Day 16 of the streak (despite the typo in my collage) -- and how sweet it is. I got a later start on the run than I had thought I would, but this was my only day off during the week and I had a bunch of catching up to do around the house after going camping. We made meals for the next week or so for the first half of the day, and then it was on to laundry and so on and so forth -- you guys know how it is. Quite frankly, the house was just a mess, and Coach B rightfully said a dirt exorcism was in order. So, after a cleaning session, I took to the streets around 8 p.m.
Behold: The house is clean. Time to run!
The night proved to me that all evening runs are definitely not the same. While a couple of days ago I felt like I could just run forever, Day 16's humidity had me not planning to go beyond the 5k I set out to accomplish. 


Blargh: Humid Face
The sunset was pretty, though, and there were a lot of people playing disc golf at Woodland Park. It's always nice to be distracted by watching others having a good time, and also trying to stay aware of low-flying objects that could be hurled my way. Kind of turns it into a 5k meets dodge ball event.


Kind of hard to see, but the skies over the park were just beautiful.
I think the humidity had me really wanting to finish, so I kept the hammer down for most of the run. I'm always happy when my last mile is my fastest. 

I had promised Sole Child Nick root beer floats when I finished, so we celebrated Day 16 with some sweet treats. Recovery drink, right?? 

Tasty, with fat-free vanilla and a Coke Zero.
 Keep on streaking, friends! Be kind to yourself. Be kind to each other. -- V


M will be back soon to let you know how her days have shaped up!!  Stay tuned.  

Hey all, M here!! Better to update late then never!!  Day 16 for me was great!  I got an early morning 3 miler in and left right from my house.  I have a great little loop that I run so I love to take advantage of it as much as possible!  It felt good to get out there  and get it done before heading to work!  
I always like when I manage under an 8 minute pace... I felt really good on this run. It was pretty humid out there, but the weather was great otherwise!  The streak is alive, everyone!  Stay tuned to see what else is in store! ~M


No comments:

Post a Comment