Saturday, June 8, 2013

We're Going Streaking -- Day 13 Country Roads & Campgrounds

Well, V and I will officially hit our two week mark in the streak tomorrow!  Pretty remarkable for both of us!  I can't lie, there have been a couple days where it has been difficult to squeeze a run in or I just plain haven't wanted to, but I am always very happy (and proud of myself) once it's done!

This weekend is busy, busy for both of the Sole Sisters!  V is unplugged and camping for the weekend but was able to send me a quick collage to keep me updated and stay accountable.  Looks like she got a solid 5k in surrounded by nature!  Can't beat that!  I know the weather was perfect at home and where she currently is, so I am sure it felt good!  Great job, V! Can't wait for you to get back so we can catch up!

(not too fond of her staring at me like that... I may have to have a word or two with her)

My weekend is pretty busy as well.  I started it this morning with a run accompanied by fellow streaker Jodi Zeigler.  It was nice to catch up and run in her neck of the woods.  She lives in a rather rural area so it was wonderful to run and not get stuck at crosswalks and worry about city traffic!  We got a solid five miles in and Jodi said she needs to work on talking and running... She wasn't quite used to it and I think I gave her lungs a real workout today!

(those are her horses, dogs and goat you see in the above pic... I think the dogs wanted to join us, but I have a feeling they would have ran us instead of us running them!!)

After my run with Jodi, I headed into work for a brief work meeting and then hit up some local garage sales... I scored a pretty sweet set of colorful Tupperware in case any of you readers wondered.  Then it was off to lunch with a great friend of mine!  Mama Meg!  She always brightens my day and is just a great source of positivity!  I am a firm believer that real, strong women uplift each other.  It is why it is so important to surround yourself with like-minded people!

(lots of laughs and love at lunch today!)
After lunch, I had to pick up Sole Child Lu from a softball game and then it was time to head home and get ready for the sprint car races at Fremont Speedway!! A customer at work gave me the tickets so I thought I would give it a whirl! I had NEVER been to anything like it before, but it was a blast.  The kids LOVED it and we will definitely be back!  


We were joined by fellow streaker Allan Detrich, his wife Mary and their son Noah.  As you can see, the Sole Children has a fantastic time.  I was happy to catch up with Allan and Mary since we hadn't seen them in quite awhile.  Good thing we grabbed a bite to eat beforehand... Those races were no place to chat!  Super loud, but totally fun! And yes, the most important thing to little Jo was her grape sno-cone... Oh, to be three again.

Well, readers, runners and fellow streakers... Thanks for reading and we look forward to another fabulous run tomorrow in the sun!!

In the words of V-Money: Be kind to yourself.  Be kind to each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment