Monday, June 3, 2013

We're Going Streaking -- Day 8 and Feeling Great!

Another day, another run done!  Sister V and I are rocking in northwest Ohio and have Day 8 of The Streak under our belt!

I took off at sunset today and got a nice, brisk five miles in.  It was beautiful outside.  Roughly 65 degrees, no humidity and low wind.  Perfect in my book.  After my run, we went for ice cream!  It was pretty late, but summer has finally come and we didn't care that the kids were up past their bedtime. This was actually my dinner too!



As you can see, everyone is happy!  Mama got her run in and the family gets ice cream!  You can't beat that!! Excited to see what Day 9 has in store!


Sole Sister V, and introducing my shadow friend: Freddie Flex. (I photobombed myself during this Day 8 selfie...)
Hey all, V here! Yep, Day 8 and feeling great.  I have to say, Day 8 was the best day weather-wise that we've had. Just beautiful out there: upper 50s, a few puffy clouds, bright blue sky, no humidity, here look: 


Today I did my miles on LSD -- Not what you think, our moms. I decided to do long, slow distance because the two prior days I was all about the hills and the speed. My tendency is to over-train, to the point of either exhaustion or injury -- whichever occurs first. Definitely need to run smart when on a streak, otherwise you can get hurt and guess what? No more streak.  

I was a slow child today. Why does the sign that says "SLOW CHILDREN" show a child sprinting? I don't get it. 
I'm a positive person. And today, I ran positive miles, lol. I did a 10k in 55:05, an 8:48 pace. It felt great though. Just can't beat good music and good weather to go with a run. Day 9 is going to be a recovery day -- I'm just planning on doing one mile and then cycling to use some different muscle groups in different ways. So, expect a short report! Have fun out there, everyone. Be kind to yourself and each other. -- V.  

No comments:

Post a Comment