Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Am Out Running

Hi friends, V here.

I looked at the note that I had left for Coach B on the kitchen counter this morning:

"I am out running."

Pretty simple; it's a note I leave a lot. But then I looked at it again and thought, "yes, I am  out running."

I am outrunning my stress. I am outrunning poor health. I am outrunning negative body-image thoughts. I am outrunning headaches and heartbreaks. I am outrunning fears of inadequacies. I am outrunning my worries and hurries. I am outrunning things I can't change. I am outrunning poor future choices. I am out, running.

###

 I will say that the streak has been outrunning me, though! I promise we've both been faithfully logging the miles. M and I will be celebrating the streak's official end with a 5k race on the Fourth! Here's a recap, in collage form:

Day 31: Day after One Run For Boston relay. One quick mile before my tattoo session...

Day 32: Little over 5K, with right arm wrapped in Saran Wrap and an arm sleeve after tattoo session #2.

Day 33: M and I ran at Pearson, I topped 1,000K on Nike+, and we saw a bear.

Day 34: One mile on Wabash Cannonball Trail, then biking with Coach B.

Checking out Perrysburg history on Day 35.


Day 36: July is chilly; only 66 degress, but great running weather!

Great run for Day 37: Like cruising through a mist tent at Lollapalooza.


Can't believe that this 39-day endeavor is coming to an end! Now the question is do we continue, or do we rest ...?

Have a great holiday! Be kind to yourself. Be kind to each other.   -- V

No comments:

Post a Comment